Those who wish to register for a library card may do so at the Main Circulation Desk. Applicants must be ages 5 AND in Kindergarten, or older. Children must be present to receive a card. A parental or legal guardian signature is required for anyone aged 17 and under.
Who Can Get a Card
Anyone who lives, works, attends school, or owns property in Monroe Township may apply for free library card. Non-resident cards are issued for $25.00 per person, per year to those who do not fall into the above categories.
Library Cardholder Responsibilities
- You must present your library card when checking out materials.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on
your library card.
- You cannot use your card (the card will be blocked) if you have any overdue
materials or fines over $10.
- Cards are not transferrable.
- Family members should use their own cards when
- Lost cards are replaced for a fee - please see the
Main Circulation Desk for details.
- Always receive and ask for a receipt at check-out or
when paying a fine. Do not discard this receipt
until you are sure that your borrowing record is clear.
Our computer records will be considered correct
unless you have a receipt to show otherwise.
||1 - 3 nights
||Do not circulate
||Do not circulate
Fines and Overdue Charges
|Adult Items (overdue)
|Juvenile Items (overdue)
||$1.00 per night
As long as there is no reserve or hold on an item and it is not overdue, telephone renewals are accepted during regular Library operating hours. You may also renew items online.
Please speak directly to a staff member (1-856-629-1212 ext. 210 or 211) to renew your item(s). Most renewals are for a two-week period.
- No food or drink is permitted inside the library,
but patrons may eat and drink in the cafe. Vending
machines are provided.
- Children under the age of 12 years must be
accompanied by an adult (18+ years) at all times.
- There is no cell phone use in the library. Please have your phone conversations in the main entrance lobby or in our garden.
- The library is happy to receive your book donations, but please be aware of our book donation policy.